Terms and Conditions
1. All clients will be deemed to have accepted Walking Home’s terms and conditions (as laid out here) on signature of the contract.
2. Walking Home will not confirm any booking until a consultation has been carried out with the client and the contract, with full details of client requirements, has been signed by the client.
3. Full payment for services (agreed either at time of booking or subsequently) is to be made within 7 days of receipt of invoice or, by the date specified on the invoice (for dog walking clients) via cash, cheque or bank transfer. If payment is not made within this time 2.5% of the total bill will be added for each day that payment is overdue.
4. The client must provide all items necessary for pets to be adequately cared for in the client's absence. (i.e., food, medication, leads, tags, collars, cat litter etc). Should pets require any additional supplies whilst in the care of Walking Home, these will be purchased and added to the bill.
5. If it is necessary for keys to be picked up or dropped off in order to complete an assignment charges will be applied for each trip.
6. The client must provide Walking Home with the name and contact number of someone capable of making a decision relating to the pet(s) in an emergency. If the contact is not available Walking Home reserves the right to consult with a veterinary surgeon and then make a decision which is in the best interests of the animal.
7. The client is responsible for any veterinary bills, no matter how they are incurred, whilst pets are in the care of Walking Home.
8. Walking Home must be alerted to any behavioral problems with their pets at the time of booking. Failure to do so may result in additional charges or cancellation of any future contract.
9. Although Walking Home holds Public Liability insurance, wherever possible pets should be insured by the client. Walking Home reserves the right to refuse a booking for any animal which is not insured.
10. Walking Home will care for your animal as you would, and whilst we will make every effort to ensure your pet is well looked after in your absence, Walking Home cannot be held liable for any loss, injury or death to a pet either inside or outside of the home whilst in our care.
1. Cancellations - for cancellations of walks for a period of 1 week or more one months notice is required. For cancellations of 1 or 2 days walks a weeks notice is required. If the required notice is not given charges will be applied in full for the cancelled period.
2. All dogs being exercised must be fully vaccinated and on a regular flea and worm control regime.
3. All dogs being walked will undergo a trial period to ensure that they are adequately trained and socialised.
4. Walking Home reserves the right to cancel the contract at any time & with immediate effect if the dog does not respond well to the walker and/or other dogs.
5. All dogs will be exercised on a lead unless prior agreement has been reached with Walking Home and a disclaimer form has been signed.
6. The walker will apply personal judgment and cut short a walk if necessary because of extreme weather conditions (ie, heat, thunder storms) for the safety of both the dogs and the walker.
7. If dogs require a quick toweling off after walks towels must be provided and left by the entrance door.
1. Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
2. Walking Home will make adequate steps to ensure your home is safe and secure in your absence, however Walking Home cannot be held responsible for any burglaries or accidents caused by your pet(s).
3. The client must provide all items necessary for your pet to be adequately cared for in the clients absence.
1. To secure your booking we require at least a 10% non-refundable deposit. Should the dog's stay be cancelled less than 10 days prior to admission, full payment will be due.
2. Walking Home takes great pride in the care of any animal in their charge, however, they cannot be held responsible for any loss, accident, injury or death caused to any animal whilst in their care.
3. All dogs are to have up to date inoculations (including kennel cough), be de-flead and wormed prior to admittance.
1. All bookings are subject to at least a 10% non-refundable deposit payable in advance.
2. Any cancellations must be made more than 48 hrs in advance or the full rate will be charged.
3. Clients must notify the veterinary surgery that Walking Home will be attending the appointment on their behalf and ensure that arrangements for payment have been made with either Walking Home or the vet.
4. Any owner wishing to accompany Walking Home whilst an animal is being transported accepts that they do so at their own risk and that Walking Home does not accept any liability for any accident, injury or delay incurred during transportation.